To be honest, I am supposed to be writing why people should date a traveler. I had a hard time, swear! I tried to read some good romantic articles so that at least I'll be inspired and convince people to date me, I mean, a traveler. But it was an epic fail. Maybe, I just need to write about what's going on inside my heart.
Not all travelers want a date anyways.
The following is my one-on-one interview with my 'busilak' heart. Please read, it's her first time to talk after almost a year. (Well, I hid her inside my cabinet so no one can touch and break her again; I took her out just for 10 mins) :)
10 Rules to Win a Traveler's Heart
1. Don't ask her to be feminine and be on the sexiest clothes. She'll be cold dead if she'll do that.
2. Don't ask her to go and have some coffee at Starbucks. She'll hate you for that.
3. She likes to write and take pictures, encourage her.
4. Be prepared to jump off a cliff or a bridge sometimes. She loves the thrill.
5. Don't ask her to eat in the newly opened, or most expensive fine dining resto in the metro. It's a big turn off.
6. Don't get jealous. She doesn't have time to flirt. Just trust her.
She's talking about the Philippine Eagle.
7. Smile even it seems that she's more excited and happy about the latest Seat Sale than the bouquet of flowers you just bought. Understand, a cheap travel vs a bouquet of flowers? I bet you know the answer.
8. Don't give her expensive jewelries. She doesn't need the spark of those little things. She'll be more happy to receive a headlamp instead. That's more sparky! :)
9. Don't give up. She might not be talking about Love or if she is happy when you two are together but the fact that she talks and shares her happiness everytime she sees the skies and the mountain, whoo! She loves you, she just really have a lot of happy stories to share.
10. Don't cheat on her. Travelers are independent and free. She went out of her way to be attached. Breaking her heart is too much. She loves deep. Love her.
Hmmm... so that's it! belated Happy Valentines to all.
P.S. You might just change her mind.
This is my entry for Pinoy Travel Bloggers' Blog Carnival
for the love month of February with the theme
'Why You Should Date a Traveler?'
hosted by Lauren Gaile of Epic Potato.
Category: PTB Blog Carnival